How to protect your home from severe weather.
The cold weather is setting in and we could be in for a winter freeze. Winter weather brings freezing temperatures and snow, so it’s important that you protect our home against harsh weather.
These few simple steps should be taken to protect your home…
- Insulate your pipes and loft to protect them from the cold
- Clean your gutters, this will reduce ice build-up and should stop the them overflowing
- Check to make sure your windows are secure and well-sealed this will prevent water damage
- Your boiler probably hasn’t seen much action, check it is working and ensure it is serviced regularly
- Open your loft door and cupboards, this will let warm air in
If you are a landlord, you should make sure your property is winter proofed for your tenants. Each year thousands of landlords get caught out by a sudden cold snap. You want to make sure your tenants don't end up with frozen pipes or a boiler breakdown. You should make sure your tenants know how to stop the water incase a pipe do burst, you don’t want a flood in your property.
We hope these tips help you to have a drama free winter. If you do need general property advice, please do get in touch.
If you are looking for a new home, you can view our current property listings here.